Friday, February 14, 2014

Blessed

24 years ago today I was blessed to marry a very kind-hearted, hardworking, and loyal man, Bob Truitt! I have been doubly blessed because Bob was my 2nd marriage my first being to my first love, Oren Wimer at the age of 17.  I had 3 awesome sons and almost 27 years with Oren before losing him to leukemia when he was 49 and I was 44 years old, never thinking I could be blessed with another very special man in my life.
Bob and I were members of the same church, and when Bob lost his wife to a tragic accident in 1989 our church friends made it their mission to get Bob and I together, as you can tell it worked! We now have 7 children, and 16 grandchildren between us! God had blessed us mightily through the years and continues be our strength and anchor as we grow older and the challenges that brings. I thank God that He works even the saddest moments in our lives for our good. I love you, Bob, and pray for many more years together!

No comments:

Post a Comment